Mon, Jul 10|
Saint Paul and Zoom (Hybrid)
Preparing for Postpartum Workshop
Despite popular belief in the United States, postpartum isn't just about the baby. Postpartum is a time of recovery and getting to know this new version of yourself. Plan for your postpartum journey as you are planning for your birth; you won't regret it.
Time & Location
Jul 10, 6:30 PM – 8:30 PM
Saint Paul and Zoom (Hybrid), 1278 Selby Ave, St Paul, MN 55104, USA
About the event
Grab your adult diapers, grab your ice packs! This course is all about YOU! You will leave with an Amazon cart full of recovery supplies, but you will also learn about perinatal mood disorders like depression, anxiety, and rage. In this course, Bria also touches on setting boundaries with pesky guests and how to transition a bit more smoothly with your partner into parenthood.
Here are the highlights from the course:
- Healing: bleeding, cramping, tearing, incisions, and diastasis recti.
- Physical needs: an extended rest period, nourishing food, loving touch.
- Emotional needs: asking for help, postpartum mood disorders, maintaining your relationship with your partner, and new personal identities.
But wait, there are freebies!
- Postpartum Prep Questions & Plan Template
- Partner Connection Activity
- Our space is up 1 flight of stairs, and there is no elevator.
- We have a yoga-style space and will provide yoga mats, exercise balls, comfy poofs, and optional chairs. Feel free to bring any props that help you sit comfortably.
- Our landlord requires that we remove our shoes at the door. Please bring socks or slippers, if desired.
- Water and tea are provided. You're welcome to bring snacks if you'd like.
Terms and Conditions:
- Partners join for free - only the pregnant person needs to purchase a ticket!
- All Bright Earth Birth clients get access to our Childbirth Courses for free and 25% off all other classes and events (like this one!).
- No refunds will be given for cancellations within 24 hours.
In Person - St. Paul
This ticket includes a workbook to take home with homework (the Postpartum Template and Partner Connection Activity).
Virtual - Zoom
This ticket includes PDFs of the Postpartum Template and Partner Connection Activity