Wed, Apr 05|
Preparing for Childbirth: 4-Week Series - 1ST-TIME BIRTHERS
Are you feeling anxious about birth? Sign up for Bria's most sought after childbirth ed course. In this 4 week series you will have time to process each section and the option to bring questions back next week. Leave feeling equipped to make informed decisions at your birth.
Time & Location
Apr 05, 6:30 PM – 9:00 PM CDT
About the event
Your class runs for 4-weeks: 4/5, 4/12, 4/19, and 4/26 (backup date on 5/3 in case of class cancellation for a birth).
Listen, this course isn't about hospital policy it is about empowering you to know and understand the process of labor and birth and how to take charge of your birth space by making informed decisions. Bria teaches this course so that it touches on each birth possiblity: vaginal unmedicated, vaginal medicated, induction, and even c-sections. Why? Because knowledge truly is power. Here's a little sneak peak of what Bria will cover in class:
- Pain: Can you handle it or do you need an epidural?
- Stages & phases of labor, including when to head to your birth place
- The role of birth hormones to help your labor progress
- Non-medical comfort measures like: hip squeezes, massage, movement, heat & cold, eating & drinking, and more!
- How partners can help/support and what a doula does
- Medical interventions: inductions, IVs, fetal monitoring, pain meds, c-sections, etc.
- Tools for informed decision making so you know your options
- Advocacy skills to help you feel empowered and in control
- What to expect immediately after baby is born: birth of the placenta, newborn procedures, and initial feeding.
But wait, there are freebies!
- Class Workbook to follow along, take notes, and reference later
- Birth Plan Template
- Note: the April series on Wednesday nights is ZOOM ONLY. Other classes are hybrid.
- We take a 10-min break from 7:40-7:50pm.
- We ask that cameras are on for the majority of class - this is an interactive class!
Terms and Conditions:
- Partners join for free - only the pregnant person needs to purchase a ticket!
- All Bright Earth birth doula clients get access to this Childbirth Ed class for free and 25% off all other classes and events.
- No refunds will be given for cancellations less than 24 hours before class begins.
Virtual - Zoom
Please provide your address so we can mail you all class materials in advance