Mon, May 01|
Lactation is more than just latching your baby, come and learn about the basics of breastfeeding all the way through pumping and returning to work. Learn what the relationship can truly look like with proper support.
Time & Location
May 01, 6:30 PM – 8:30 PM
Saint Paul, 1278 Selby Ave, St Paul, MN 55104, USA
About the event
Planning for your lactation journey is just as important as planning for your birth. Just like birth there is a wide variety of outcomes in what your journey could look like, so feel supported and feel ready to tackle anything that comes your way. It's important to understand that there are two people in this feeding relationship and understanding the anatomy and physiology and roles at play is really important: it's the difference between success and failure.
You can expect to learn:
- Anatomy and physiology
- Milk supply
- The golden hour through the first 48 hours
- Troubleshooting common problems and how to identify them (clogged ducts, mastitis, thrush, etc.)
- Artificial nipples
- Supplies you might add to your lactation station
...and so much more!
But wait, there are freebies!
- Lactation Survial Guide
- Feeding plan template
- Our space is up 1 flight of stairs, and there is no elevator.
- We have a yoga-style space and will provide yoga mats, exercise balls, comfy poofs, and optional chairs. Feel free to bring any props that help you sit comfortably.
- Our landlord requires that we remove our shoes at the door. Please bring socks or slippers, if desired.
Terms and Conditions:
- Partners join for free - only the pregnant person needs to purchase a ticket!
- All 2023 Bright Earth birth doula clients get access to this class for free and 25% off all other classes and events.
- No refunds will be given for cancellations less than 24 hours before class starts.
In Person - St. Paul