Mon, Jan 23|
Saint Paul and Zoom (Hybrid)
6 Ways To Reduce Birth Trauma
1 in 3 births are described as traumatic, and it doesn't have to be this way. Knowledge is power. Know your options.
Time & Location
Jan 23, 6:00 PM – 9:00 PM
Saint Paul and Zoom (Hybrid), 1278 Selby Ave, St Paul, MN 55104, USA
About the event
1 in 3 births are described as traumatic. We all have a friend or a family member who has gone through a really tough birth and I don't want that for you. You should feel empowered, confident, and in control on the day you give birth. While we can't prevent all trauma, there is a lot we can do to reduce it.
Join this express childbirth education class to learn our top 6 things that you can add to your birth plan, to reduce the risk of experiencing unnecessary birth trauma.
We'll talk about things you can do during pregnancy, during labor, and immediately after your baby is born while you're still in the hospital.
Knowledge is power. If you don't know your options, you don't have any.
BONUS: We'll also teach you our 3 best tips for advocating for yourself in the birth space. Learn how to bring your medical team together in support of your birth preferences, in a collaborative way.
- This class is designed for people who are currently pregnant, and their partners. It is applicable to any birth place (hospital, birth center, or home birth). We don't recommend taking this class if you've taken our full 12-hour childbirth ed course.
- Our space is up 1 flight of stairs, and there is no elevator.
- We have a yoga-style space and will provide yoga mats, exercise balls, comfy poofs, and optional chairs. Feel free to bring any props that help you sit comfortably.
- Our landlord requires that we remove our shoes at the door. Please bring socks or slippers, if desired.
- We'll take a 15-min break from 2:30-2:45pm.
- Water and tea are provided. You're welcome to bring snacks if you'd like.
Terms and Conditions:
- Partners join for free - only the pregnant person needs to purchase a ticket!
- All Bright Earth birth doula clients get access to this Childbirth Ed class for free and 25% off all other classes and events.
- No refunds will be given for cancellations.
In Person - St. Paul
Virtual - Zoom